Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eternal Cycles

Sometimes it can be frustrating to see the floor dirty again right after you've cleaned it, the clothes piled up after spending hours folding, the kids hungry again. But it becomes easier to handle these frequent occurrences when they are seen as part of a fluid cycle of life.

Some people just include cleaning in a routine each day so it isn't something they have to think about. That is helpful, especially if you are the kind of person that thrives on consistency. For some less organized types (sometimes referred to as "side-tracked home executives") it requires a bit more effort. It helps me to see routines as an appendage to who I am, not my main purpose.

No one, probably not even paid ones, wants to feel like just the maid.

So, I am trying to have the attitude to just roll with these eternal cycles of cleaning, cooking and clothing. And place my focus on the center of this cycle: my family. And to see myself as I am, the whole package.

No comments:

Post a Comment