Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm in it to win it!

I had the second part of my root canal done Friday. As I lay there wide-mouthed, a blue dam jamming my jaws apart, I listened to the radio and thought about the words to the song, "I'm in it to win it."

I thought about what I want to win. I thought about wanting to be great at something. I don't feel like I'm great at any one thing. I've never been drawn so passionately to one thing that I have developed the focus necessary to become excellent at that one chosen thing. I'm a dabbler. (That brings to mind a scene from a Disney show, sadly enough, from Sonny with a Chance or a Song...or something where the musician disrespects her efforts at song writing because she is only a dabbler). I enjoy doing lots of things. So I am a dabbler.

I chose to try to be a great mother and wife. And person. I'm trying not to be a dabbler in being a great mom and wife, but I know that my lack of focus in general transfers to my mediocrity as a mom at this point.

I want to show love to my family. That requires a lot from me. But it is the best kind of requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment