Monday, August 16, 2010

A Place For My Ideas About My Job

I love to tell people my title for what I do: Quality of Life Control Manager. That is why I stay home and run the house: to increase the quality of life for my whole family. I don't know that I could do what I do (which could be more) if I had to work full time in another job.

I have always wanted to stay home with my kids, even though I wanted to be a doctor, a photographer, an interior designer, a dancer, a teacher, a writer, an artist--I knew that my skills could be practiced at  home as a full-time mother and wife. Yes, it was not fashionable to admit that I wanted to be a homemaker when I was in school, and I didn't fully train myself for it, but I think being a full time wife and mother, a SAHM as they say, might be gaining popularity these days. Maybe women have seen that they aren't able to do it all and have a functioning home and family if they don't spend more time at it.

I do realize that every one is different in their choices and circumstances. I also know that what I am trying to do is lay out what is important to me. I actually have a lot to learn...or at least a lot to implement in my quest to improve the quality of life for those around me.

So this blog will be the place where I explore the intricacies of my assignment as a mother of five and wife to one.

Hope you enjoy this journey along with me.

1 comment: