Monday, August 16, 2010

Nourishing The Next Generation

I love food. Good food. Beautiful food. I sometimes think I'd like to go to cooking school or get a degree in food science and nutrition, but then I realize I can just read about and watch the food network and make healthy meals for my family.

But then I feed chocolate and ice cream to my fourteen month old to keep her quiet or cheer her up.

I also feed her hummus and peas and chicken and rice and eggs and cucumbers. And fresh fruit and legumes and whole grains and yogurt. And water, or a little tiny bit of juice. And milk. But mostly breast milk still. I do think I will start weaning her soon. I want to set the boundary down a bit sooner with her. She doesn't seem to get that her teeth and my soft flesh aren't supposed to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment